Hello and welcome to the plant based bakery!
I have set up this blog to share my plant based recipes. I am currently highly dairy intolerant not able to eat much dairy without being very sick. Already not eating meat, I looked into various ways of continuing to do my beloved baking without the typical ingredients: butter, milk and eggs. All of these recipes will be dairy free and plant based and I hope they will help others who are vegan or dairy free to be inspired to bake!
I created these Vegan Cornflake cookies inspired by a recipe in Tanya Burrs new baking book Tanya Bakes. They contain cornflakes to make the biscuits crunchy as well as soft and gooey and oh my are they good.
What you will need:
- 150g dairy free butter (I use pure olive oil spread)
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 125g self raising flour
- 25g plain flour
- 60g cornflakes or frosties
- Pinch of sea salt
- 60g plain chocolate cut into small chunks (optional)
- Pre heat the oven to 180c, and line 2 baking trays with grease-proof paper.
- Cream together the sugar and butter, until completely combined.
- Sift in half of the flour and mix in.
- Add your milk and stir in, before adding the rest of the flour, cornflakes, salt and chocolate if you decide to add chocolate chips.
- Mix to form a dough and separate into 16 small balls.
- Place the cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking trays and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until golden.
- remove from oven and allow to cool before enjoying with a cup of tea or almond milk.